In Calls of the Wild: Nighttime Animals, readers will encounter 15 fascinating nocturnal animals and listen to their authentic calls with the press of a button. Learn about each creature’s habits and survival skills while listening to their howls, hoots, songs, and chirps. From the fierce growling of the gray wolf and Bengal tiger to the noisy screeches and shrieks of the kakapo bird and Tasmanian devil, the sounds and creatures in this book will take young readers on a virtual tour of the wilderness from the comfort of home.
• Features authentic sound recordings of 15 nighttime animals from around the world that can be played with the press of a button
• Informative text explains how each creature survives in its natural habitat, and full-color photos provide the reader with up-close looks at the animals
• Includes well-known nocturnal creatures such as the gray wolf and great horned owl, as well as less-familiar animals such as the pygmy slow loris and flying fox
• Each recording plays for 20 seconds and also features background sounds to set the scene
• A glossary is included to encourage further learning of terminology related to nocturnal animals